Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Strange smell from DD's vagina

(7 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 07-May-13 22:42:06

DD is 2,5 yo and yesterday I noticed a waft from her bits. She's never had it beforeconfused. It wasn't a wee or a poo smell lingering. She has discovered her clitoris few days ago hmm do is that connected?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 08-May-13 08:44:00

Morning bump.

Snowme Wed 08-May-13 09:00:11

My then 5 year old had the same. It was a urinary infection, quite common apparently.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Wed 08-May-13 09:02:10

could she have shoved something inside her? like a bead or something.

Apparently that's quite common. pencil up the nose, toast in the dvd player, thumb up the backside. hmm kids are weird. grin

Forgetfulmog Wed 08-May-13 09:06:09

Could it just be that her bits haven't been washed properly? Dd is 7 mo & we use a chair thing in the bath, but you can't get to her bits properly & I noticed a weird smell around them. It's not there any longer now that I take her out of the chair to wash them

elah11 Wed 08-May-13 09:12:44

I would be thinking of an infection of some sort. Best bring her and get her checked out.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 08-May-13 09:50:17

Hmmm, possible yes to washing as it's a bit difficult to wash anything when there is a mighty scream filling your ears and a slippery person wriggling around in tears. Can't wash her arse, nevermind more intricate parts of her anatomy.

She doesn't seem to be inconvenienced by it bur if it is an infection is there any home remedy we should try? Docs appt next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now