Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Temperature and twitching.

(7 Posts)
mumnosbest Tue 07-May-13 22:36:59

DD (15months) has been very hot and grumpy all day. I assumed she was just hot from the weather n maybe a bit overheated from yesterdays sunshine. She's been alert but very lethargic and happy to just lay back in her pram. She's now sleeping but still really hot to the touch and throwing her arms out every few minutes. Should i worry?

MrsMoosickle Tue 07-May-13 22:52:15

Have you taken her temperature?

BeaWheesht Tue 07-May-13 22:53:47

Sometimes you get rigours with a fever , or fitting.

Take her temp and give her calpol or nurofen,

Has she eaten/ drank and had wet nappies as normal?

MonkeyingAroundTown Tue 07-May-13 23:00:57

My lo started with a high temp on sun and was very grizzly and sleepy. Took him to the hospital and it was confirmed he had a chest infection. calpol or calpofren are good to help reduce temperatures but in my opinion this just masks an illness. The doctor at the hospital did say that high temperature can cause fits. If I were you I would take your lo to your local"out of hours centre"

mumnosbest Tue 07-May-13 23:29:18

Thanks for all your replies. She was due her next dose of calpol and it seems to be working. Shes now a bit cooler, temp was 38. She's not eaten much but drinking lots and wetting lots too. Shes nice n sweaty now but stopped twitching and sleeping peacefully. No sleep for me i think though! Was worried about possible fitting.

narmada Wed 08-May-13 15:31:52

Glad the calpol working but if you think she.might be fitting you really need to take her to the GP at the very least.

mumnosbest Thu 09-May-13 17:50:46

Thanks. I wasnt worried she was fitting bit more that she might if her temp didn't drop. She's still got a temp but is on ab's for an ear infection now so think that was the cause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now