Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

GP for hayfever

(3 Posts)
Lexie1970 Tue 07-May-13 19:48:57


DS is 6 and after 3 summers of thinking he suffers from hay fever I am now pretty sure he doessad

Is it worth going to the GP to get a definitive diagnosis - will they do allergy testing to see if he reacts to a specific pollen or them all? We do seem to snuffle pretty much throughout the summer months......


Sirzy Tue 07-May-13 19:50:26

Have you given him antihistamine? Does it help?

I wouldn't bother the GP with it unless he was really suffering and OTC medication wasn't working.

frazzledbutcalm Wed 08-May-13 14:18:44

I'd go to GP just so it's on his medical records. They won't test. But, prescriptions will be free. Also, if one antihistamine doesn't work, GP will try alternative ones, and will know the ingredients of each. (which ones are the same but just under different name etc)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: