Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds pale and has sore legs

(6 Posts)
tazmo Mon 06-May-13 16:41:56

Ds1 who is 4 complains a lot of sore legs. This morning he was holding it going down the stairs but later on seems fine. We went to a friends and my friend mentioned he looked really pale. His sister had a birthday party yesterday and he did seem a little warm but was only 37.5 - admittedly he is usually about 36 but no temp this morning. But he's been a bit clumsy. He went to the park with his friend and they came back quickly as he hit his head on the gate. Later he walked into the handle of the patio door and later fell a few times - just really clumsy. Took him to nursery but he seemed really subdued. Think he's alright? He eats a lot of meat so can't be anaemia. Hopefully it's just a virus but he is REALLY pale.

kelda Mon 06-May-13 16:43:43

I would take him to the GP. It doesn sound like he might have an infection. I wonder if the clumsiness could be due to an ear infection.

cocolepew Mon 06-May-13 16:45:43

I would take him to the dr too.

BeeMom Mon 06-May-13 17:16:57

While the guesses could be something minor or something a lot more sinister, i agree with everyone else, a trip to the GP is definitely in order. It is possible to be anaemic even if he eats a lot of meat, iron deficiency is only one type.

I sure hope it is only a virus, but please have him seen. Let us know how he is doing too...

tazmo Mon 06-May-13 17:24:23

Thx all - I just hate it when there's nothing specific, but you don't feel something is q right. Will see how he is tonight and see how he goes.

narmada Mon 06-May-13 23:26:51

I really would take him to the docs. It might be nothing or it might be something.... blood test would prob put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now