Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Slapped Cheek And Wedding Invite Advice

(4 Posts)
Poppykat1 Sat 04-May-13 12:21:24

Slapped cheek has been doing the rounds at dd school. Yesterday dd started with very rosey cheeks and a kind of mottled rash on arms legs and chest!
Yesterday she said her throat hurt and is slightly warm but otherwise fine in herself!
Do i go to the wedding we have been invited to tonight or do we need to stay home??

littlemiss06 Sat 04-May-13 13:16:11

Apparently once the rash is out they're not infectious but we recently missed a christening as I thought it was slapped cheek what my daughter had and didn't want to take the risk, sorry I know that's not much help

expatinscotland Sat 04-May-13 13:18:29

You should really stay home. There could be immuno-compromised people, elderly people with health conditions, all sorts at a wedding.

Poppykat1 Sat 04-May-13 16:25:10

Hi thanks for your advice! She is staying home even though have read and been told once the rash is out they are no longer contagious! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now