Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

She seems to be picking up one thing after another

(5 Posts)
littlemiss06 Sat 04-May-13 11:27:11

My little girl is 7 always been healthy never off school but this last few weeks she seems to have one thing after another. Over Easter holidays she started with a temperature and generally unwell, a couple of days later she was better then started being sick. After the sick bug she had a few days of being well, went back to school and just the second day in they sent her home with a rash from head to foot, she was off a couple of days then went back in and started with conjunctivitis! Off again, a couple of days after this she came out in another rash. Sent her back in and she did a few days before coming down with a 24 hour sick bug. Recovered from this and the next day said her cheeks felt bruised, got up this morning and she's woke up with another blotchy rash over her cheeks!! Im not one for rushing off to docs but im not sure whether I should be getting her checked or whether it might just be that she's run down. What do you think?

BlueBumedFly Sat 04-May-13 14:04:21

Oh poor little thing, she is definitely under the weather. Have you looked at Scarlet Fever symptoms? That starts with a sore throat, temp and ends in a rash, can have stomach bug symptoms too? Maybe call the Dr for advice?

You might consider getting some Acidophilus powder to mix into milk/yogurt, it helps heal the gut and thus promote good immunity. I swear by a couple of weeks once DD has had a tummy bug or been generally under the weather.

littlemiss06 Sat 04-May-13 14:20:57

Thank you :-) I looked at that actually and it did cross my mind, slapped cheek has been doing its rounds at our school and around the time of the conjunctivitis she had bright red cheeks along with the rash on her body and I put that down to possibly being slapped cheek but then this new rash has come out on her cheeks so I did wonder about scarlet fever or wondered if it was all down to slapped cheek but not sure as its been a few weeks since that rash and also she's ill again, not burning up or anything but she's just lay on the settee for most of the day and that is definately not her. Where can you get that powder from?

BlueBumedFly Sat 04-May-13 14:25:09

You can buy it online, I will try to link but I am really rubbish at that...
I buy mine from my local health shop as its been in the fridge, not sure if its imperative or not. Anyway, its great stuff for boosting the bodies own immunity - a must after antibiotics too.

See here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Dophilus-Powder-Infants-Children/dp/B0001VVZ0C/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1367673782&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Solgar+Multi-Acidophilus+Powder

BlueBumedFly Sat 04-May-13 14:25:51

I knew it wouldn't work .... errrrm here? Acidophilus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now