Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum contagiosum

(10 Posts)
Von1982 Fri 03-May-13 16:52:19

Hi there,

My 2yr old daughter has had what the dr says is a viral spot on the middle of her back called molluscum contagiosum. Its been there for about 8months now and doesnt seem to be going away. Luckily no more have appeared. The dr says they dont tend to treat them nowadays. Just wondering if anyone else has came across this, did you use any treatment and how long did ot take to go away?

Thankyou

AngelsWithSilverWings Fri 03-May-13 16:58:13

Yes my DS had them all over his legs. I treated them with lanes tea tree and which hazel cream. If the spots blister , cover with a plaster and the cream and prevent the fluid spreading as it will cause more spots.

I washed bedding everyday and,used a fresh flannel to wash him with everyday.

Once DS was diagnosed and I started using the tea tree cream the spots went in two weeks.

dufflefluffle Fri 03-May-13 17:04:00

DD had them for 9 months - it was very bad - about 120 spots at one stage, only on the backs of her knees. They left scars. DS had them for 15 months on his face and neck. He only had about 25 but they also scarred. I didn't touch his but I tried tea tree oil and traumatising hers. There is a thread somewhere on MN where a lady in France says it is not tolerated there that the drs will tackle it and obliterate the spots immediately rather than the very frustrating attitude here of leave it to go of its own accord. My children never got to share baths when they were small enough to because of the rotten things.

Von1982 Fri 03-May-13 17:06:01

Thankyou! To me it looks like a wart. It has grown over the months but not changed in a while. Keep hoping it will just disappear but its not. Did you get the tea tree and hazel cream from the pharmacy? Ive had her at the dr a couple of times but he just keeps saying it will go away its own time but im getting impatient now.

orangeandemons Fri 03-May-13 17:12:14

Von, it can last for ages, ds had it for 2 years, and it was at it's worse about 18 months in..

JessJoin Fri 03-May-13 19:58:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AngelsWithSilverWings Fri 03-May-13 22:47:50

Hi the tea tree and witch hazel cream is made by Lanes and I got it in Tesco.

Butterkistbutterkistrarara Sat 04-May-13 20:05:18

We have the delights of molluscum here! Total nightmare to get rid of! We have tried thuja, tea tree, aloe vera and now onto castor oil! Holland & Barrett are making a fortune out of me! We are 6 months in.....

carasmam Sat 18-May-13 17:09:21

have a look at images of molluscum on caradermskincare.com .this was taken by my friend after using caraderm on her daughter and got her sons earlier and cleared it quickly.

carasmam Sat 18-May-13 17:10:26

have a look at images of molluscum on caradermskincare.com .this was taken by my friend after using caraderm on her daughter and got her sons earlier and cleared it quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now