Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I think its pox - feeling guily.

(5 Posts)
Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 02-May-13 20:16:01

I'm fairly sure that ds2 has the pox, so far only one fluid filled blister spot, just how ds1 came out with it years ago, he's cranky and looks a bit blotchy. Again just how ds1 started out.

I'm feeling guilty because I've spent the day at gym tots and then at the park and school pick up. I only noticed the spot at bath time and he's been in a tshirt all day so I'm sure its only just arrived.

Bad mummy. Bad.

Loveleopardprint Thu 02-May-13 20:23:05

Don't feel guilty!! You couldn't predict he was coming down with the pox! Not unless you have a crystal ball wink

PoppyWearer Thu 02-May-13 20:26:08

How could you have known?

My DS had it recently and it came out of the blue. Ditto when my DC1 had it a few years back.

Don't feel guilty!

DeWe Fri 03-May-13 09:51:48

It can come out very quickly.
When ds had it, I dressed him for ballet, and noticed he had one tiny red mark that looked like he'd scratched himself himself, at the side of his neck. I knew there was chickenpox around, so I thoroughly examined him, and there were no other signs at all, so I concluded he'd scratched himself.
He came out half an hour later, and I took his leotard off and he was absolutely covered in big blisters all over his body.
I felt very guilty.

Manchesterhistorygirl Sun 05-May-13 17:43:57

Turns out not pox! Gp (one of the playground parents is a GP so she checked him) agrees it lookalike pox, but because he's got no more spots its more likely molluscum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now