Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone make me any the wiser about 7 yr old's chest and tummy pains?

(3 Posts)
katrinefonsmark Thu 25-Apr-13 20:16:50

DD has been complaining on and off for the last few or more months about pains in her chest and tummy. When she shows me where it hurts she touches where her heart is. She says it's sometimes right across her chest and travels down to her tummy. When she was cleaning teeth tonight and had finished she said she needed to lie down straight away to relieve it. She says that at school she sometimes really feels the need to lie down because of it but can't because she's not at home. Otherwise she looks and seems healthy and thriving and hasn't got worse. I'm a bit worried about what it might be. Thanks

LadyIsabellaWrotham Thu 25-Apr-13 20:24:44

Talk to your GP. It might be Mesenteric Adenitis (painful but common and harmless) or it might be a grumbling appendix or a range of other stuff.

katrinefonsmark Thu 25-Apr-13 20:36:39

Thanks. She says she wants to press her tummy onto the bed to relieve the pain. Will talk to gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now