Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Phimosis-which hospital in West Midlands

(4 Posts)
aguska Thu 25-Apr-13 13:39:13

Hi all,
My son has been diagnosed with Phimosis and has been refered to see a consultant. I have been given 5 hospitals to choose from and have no idea which one to go with! If anyone was in a similar situation or knows any of the hospitals please please please let me know!
General Paediatrics-Samuel Johnson- Lichfield
General Paediatrics-Sir Robert Peel - Tamworth
Paediatric General Urology Clinic Birmingham Childrens Hospital
Paediatric Urology-Paediatric Dep-Burton Hospitals
Urology Paediatric-Urology Cannock

Many thanks for your help!!!!

aguska Thu 25-Apr-13 14:32:16

anyone????

CockyFox Thu 25-Apr-13 14:34:51

I don't know about the condition so this probably won't help but Birmingham Children's were fantastic about my DDs heart. (And mine 25 + years ago - mild hereditary problem).

TLCTugger Thu 25-Apr-13 22:59:39

The fact that you're sitting at your computer instead of rushing to the emergency room proves your son needs no treatment.

There is NO SUCH THING as childhood phimosis. TIGHT is the normal natural state of a child's foreskin. If the child is passing urine he is fine (even if the foreskin balloons up in the process). A child's normal curious manipulations loosen the foreskin over the course of several years.

ONLY THE OWNER (or a sex partner) should ever retract a foreskin. An ADULT whose foreskin does not comfortably retract can do a few months of gentle finger stretches. If he can't, or won't wait, then the surgical remedy is bi-lateral dorsal slit with transverse closure. Circumcision is never the appropriate remedy for phimosis.

Doctors at registered charity NORM-UK.org will gladly advise you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now