Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

measles vaccination..

(8 Posts)
mummyof2kidsx Thu 25-Apr-13 09:38:52

Should my 21 month old have the 2nd vaccination. He is up to date with all of his jabs but should I request his 2nd vaccination early? Or do I just wait for the preschool booster when he is 3? x

notso Thu 25-Apr-13 09:52:45

Was wondering this for DS2 he's 2.4, my friend is taking her 3 for their first lot today they are 8, 5 and 2.9 and is going to find out for me.

Emily28 Thu 25-Apr-13 10:46:38

I don't know I would wait until the due date of the second vaccination x

Lottie4 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:10:39

From memory, my daughter had her MMR then a booster a few months later. Might be worth a call to your health visitor/doctor to check when the next one is due if you are concerned. We had a couple of cases of measles at my daughter's school at the end of last year, so it's not just confined to Wales.

beautifulgirls Thu 25-Apr-13 14:22:20

We were told the second can be given earlier yes. I would contact your GP for further advice.

notso Thu 25-Apr-13 16:21:48

Asked the HV at clinic today.
If you are not in a high risk area then the advice is to stick with the scheduled jabs, we are in North Wales.

mummyof2kidsx Thu 25-Apr-13 18:56:45

Aaah right ok. thanks! xx

ilovepowerhoop Thu 25-Apr-13 20:55:28

it will depend if there are cases in your area. The booster can be given early but it is not as urgent if you are not in an outbreak area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now