Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Aaah warts on 3 year old

(3 Posts)
DejaB00 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:47:25

Hi everyone
Ok so 3yo DS started a few months ago with what I thought was a graze on his wrist, which got bigger and bigger until I realised it was a cluster of warts. Only a few days later another cluster appeared on his knuckle, and another on his calf. Took him to GP who gave Fucidin cream, and said it could also be eczema as the clusters were inflamed.
The cream has done nothing, and now DS keeps picking at the scabs, meanwhile they keep growing and new ones have appeared on his other calf, other knuckle, and about 8 individual small warts on his other hand.
It's frankly starting to look disgusting and bothering DS, and I have a feeling the doc won't treat as she said 'they come and go'.
Any wise words?!

FossilMum Wed 24-Apr-13 21:00:25

Suggest you go back to the GP for further advice, as it sounds like they didn't originally expect it to go on this long.

Did they mention the possibility of molluscum contagiosum?

DejaB00 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:05:26

Hi fossil, I should have said the GP said to use the cream for 2 weeks. Apart from the large cluster on his wrist, they have all appeared in the last 4 weeks...
She didn't say anything about molluscum but as I was browsing threads I found one and am now wondering...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now