Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ear gunk

(3 Posts)
ctrlaltdel Wed 24-Apr-13 15:53:48

How long does it take for the yellowy green (and a bit smelly) ear gunk that you get with an ear infection to clear up? DS aged 2 has had it for 5 days so far but he hasn't had any obvious temperature and only pain for an hour before it "popped" and is pretty well in himself.

He had antibiotics for an ear infection on the same side a month ago when he was much more unwell with it so I don't want him to have any more too soon. But I don't know when or if I should take him down to the GP to get checked out yet or give it more time to settle?

6692mumof3 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:50:21

hi ctrlaltdel i would take him back to the doctor if its poppedhe may need another course of antibotics but best to get it checked most ear infections are viralin which antibiotics wont work but somethings telling me if its poppedhe will need antibiotics

ctrlaltdel Thu 25-Apr-13 20:45:45

Thanks for the reply. Took him to the doctors and he is on antibiotics again sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now