Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Erythema marginatum - any medically trained folk about?

(2 Posts)
blibblibs Mon 22-Apr-13 15:34:45

DS woke up with a rash yesterday. We had no idea what it was, although not chicken pox or measles. Phoned OOH who seemed happy with his general health and suggested Piriton and a trip to the GP today or to call them back if anything changed.

Piriton made no difference and he woke today with a sore throat and is losing his voice. Went off to the Doctor this am who looked at the rash and said it was probably Erythema marginatum, I'll just check his throat he will have tonsilitus - but he doesn't.

He's been given penicilin and we have to go back on Wednesday if there is no improvement, but I've been on Doctor Google and I'm now more worried than ever.

I'm not medically trained in anyway but there is lots about Rheumatic fever & rheumatic heart disease and I'm starting to worry - hopefully unnecessarily.

Does he have this rash purely due to his sore throat or is it the start of something else?

TIA

blibblibs Mon 22-Apr-13 18:15:25

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now