Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds's eyes are reflective.

(4 Posts)
Nimthenamechanger Mon 22-Apr-13 12:25:27

I have namechanged for this, as I've been asking friends in RL.
My toddler DS has reflective eyes. I notice it when he's looking up at me in the kitchen (ceiling halogens). His eyes are pale blue, but in the light they often reflect a silvery glow., like a cat's eyes.
I haven't noticed this on photographs, but we don't really use flash, so I haven't got many to judge from.
Has anyone got experience of this? I am worrying myself sick about retinoblastoma and cataracts etc, but I don't want to go to the GP on such scant evidence.
He appears to have no issues with vision.
Thank you.

DeWe Mon 22-Apr-13 12:47:20

I think that's normal, it's just the refection of the light. It's also very unusual for both eyes to be effected, so if both are the same, then the chances are that's fine. If it's just one (and always the same one) then that's when you need to get it checked out.

However you're obviously worried about it, so next time you see the GP ask if he can do a quick check to reassure you.

cestlavielife Mon 22-Apr-13 16:37:47

take him to local optician for an eye test if you worried.

Nimthenamechanger Wed 24-Apr-13 09:53:47

Thanks for replying; I am taking him to GP anyway next week, so will ask them to check at the same time. Looking up from the floor isn't a position I usually see people in (!) so it's hard to remember if the reflection is normal or not.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now