Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

18mo DS has a rash - help!

(3 Posts)
Jojobump1986 Sun 21-Apr-13 17:43:55

He's had a temp for a couple of days but has been fine for the last 24 hours, although his appetite still isn't back yet. While he had a fever he developed a couple of nappy rash spots which is very uncommon for him but I figured it was probably more likely if he was ill so didn't worry about it. This morning I noticed he had a rash of tiny red spots on his arms & legs but a friend who's experienced in such things said it was probably a contact thing because it wasn't on his chest/back. We've just noticed that his nappy rash is looking a lot more angry with several more spots & he has some v similar spots on the back of his knee.

Should we be concerned about this?! He's had his MMR & we're not near Swansea so I'm not too worried about measles. Could it be chicken pox? There's nothing on his face/neck/chest/back, just his arms & legs. confused

BeaWheesht Sun 21-Apr-13 17:58:31

Are they fluid filled? If so could be chickenpox thought they do start pimply sometimes.

Could also be a viral rash, if it fades under pressure and he's ok in himself I wouldn't worry .

Bunbaker Sun 21-Apr-13 18:05:40

When DD had chicken pox the first time she had a temperature and was off colour for a few days before the spots appeared. Once the spots came she felt much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now