Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mmr jab yesterday. Been vomiting since 10pm last night.

(7 Posts)
Julezboo Sun 21-Apr-13 11:14:26

Hi

I am in South Wales do was advised to get my 2yr old ds's mmr early. We joined the queue and had it done. He seemed fine afterwards. Little flushed and sleepy about 5pm bit ate his dinner okay.

Woke up at around 10pm last night screaming and has been sick every 15-30 mins since. He is still drinking n nappy still wet so will keep an eye.

Do you think it's a reaction to mmr??

YoniwayisHull Sun 21-Apr-13 11:23:40

My dd had a very similar reaction but more complications due to a medical condition that was already pre-existing. I asked the same questions to the hospital drs and nobody confirmed a link and said it was just coincidence. I'm not convinced.

They advised a 15/15 challenge which was to syringe in 15ml water every 15 minutes. She was 13 months at the time and refusing liquids.

Sounds like you're doing the right things, keep an eye out for dehydration if he stops drinking. Hope he recovers quickly.

MikeLitoris Sun 21-Apr-13 11:25:27

They know to pick their days dont they julez?

No advise but hope he feels better soon.

X

coldwater Sun 21-Apr-13 18:41:28

Hi. Was it his first MMR vaccine? My little boy was ill after his first MMR vaccine. Woke up shortly after going to bed screaming and being sick. He wouldn't stop screaming, took him to the out of hours doctor who said he was ok and that it was coincidence. I still think it was the vaccine though. Took him 4 weeks to get back to normal!

bumbleymummy Mon 22-Apr-13 08:40:13

It may very well just be a coincidence but it does seem a bit like any potential side effect to the MMR is being brushed aside. Are reactions to antibiotics/other medications/food taken as lightly? You can report adverse reactions yourself with The Yellow Card Scheme I hope he feels better soon.

poocatcherchampion Mon 22-Apr-13 08:43:14

I think the reactions to MMR take a week to ten days to kick in. and that is our current experience - its taken me all weekend to figure out what the rash it!

bumbleymummy Mon 22-Apr-13 08:49:59

Some reactions can happen immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now