Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD smells after adenoids removed 2 days ago

(4 Posts)
greencybermummy Sat 20-Apr-13 21:56:10

Anyone else had any experience of this? It's a strange smell, not foul, almost sweet, seems to be more from nose than mouth. Information we were given after op said infection more likely 5-7 days after. She doesn't have fever or any other problems. Could tissue that was cauterised emit a strange smell? She also had grommets fitted at same time but I can't work out why that would cause a smell. She is still having pain relief as she says it hurts when she yawns, swallows but has only needed 2 doses today.

If it persists I will check with GP on Monday or if she gets temp etc I will call OOH before then but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

NatashaBee Sat 20-Apr-13 21:58:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cestlavielife Sat 20-Apr-13 23:10:46

Yes pretty common. Don't worry about it.m
Son was same. It will go away in few days

greencybermummy Sat 20-Apr-13 23:21:57

Thanks both of you, they should have MNetters rewrite the info leaflets from the hospital with the bits no one tells you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now