Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My newborn hasn't poo'd all day..?

(5 Posts)
Tinkerbell43 Sat 20-Apr-13 17:38:47

My DS is 2 weeks old today & he's not opened his bowels all day only a tiny amount of poo in his nappy this morning he's had plenty of wet nappys but no poo.. Is this normal or should I contact my dr

GirlOutNumbered Sat 20-Apr-13 18:28:22

Is he breast or bottle fed?
I know it's normal for breastfed babies, not sure about formula, I would guess it was the same.

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 18:32:43

Normal for a newborn, either bf or ff. With bf babies it can go on much longer - my HV reckons the longest she's come across is 11 days! Even ff DS managed 5 or 6 days at one point.

blondieminx Sat 20-Apr-13 18:34:26

How is he in himself? If he's uncomfortable/crotchety/whiny keep rubbing his back and you can also try lying him on your lap on his back with his head nearest your knees and gently "bicycling" his legs.

If he's his normal self I wouldn't worry, especially if he's producing wet nappies fine... Just be braced for a poonami tonight or tomorrow! grin

GirlOutNumbered Sat 20-Apr-13 18:47:27

grin at poonami.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now