Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

FouR year old complaining of sore Pee pee

(4 Posts)
Ginga66 Sat 20-Apr-13 00:28:53

My ds says his penis is sore and tip is red. Could This be a urinary tract infection and does he need to see dr over weekend or should I just keep an eye?
He is otherwise bright an healthy. Not drinking as much as I'd like and tad clingy at times but no other symptoms.

abbyfromoz Sat 20-Apr-13 00:39:00

I have only experience with this in girls- if it is a urinary tract infection, pop to the chemist tomorrow and speak to a pharmacist. They might be able to advise on non prescription treatment.

Ginga66 Sat 20-Apr-13 00:48:33

Ok thans

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 20-Apr-13 01:03:39

When my dd had a water infection it hurt her to pee. Then she became really unwell, lethargic, off her food, barely responsive. First thing doctor asked was 'do you use bubble bath'? Turns out it can strip the body of natural defences and infections get in. One short dose of antibiotics later and she was fine. Hopefully that's all it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now