Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What should I do about dd's foot?

(16 Posts)
seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 09:52:38

She's 17. Recently, she was in a school performance where she wore high heeled platform boots for 2 dress rehearsals and 6 performances. She ended up with a very sore patch on the side of her foot just under her little toe. It's basically hard skin, but like an oval raised area about an inch long. I thought it would get better once she stopped wearing the boots, but it hasn't- it's 3 weeks now. Does it sound like a corn? Doctor or chiropodist? Can she see a chiropodist without going to the doctor first? Any ideas?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 17-Apr-13 16:04:00

My goodness Seeker...she's 17 with a bit of a callous. That's it! If she's dancing a lot this is just one of those things. You don't do anything!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:06:54

I don't think its daft to go and see about it since it is very sore.

I would call a chiropodist

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:07:17

I don't think its daft to go and see about it since it is very sore.

I would call a chiropodist

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:07:32

Oops sorry

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 17-Apr-13 16:08:28

Surely a 17 year old makes her own appointments though? confused Am I endowing 17 year old's with more sense than they actually have? I was living away from home at that age and my Mum had nothing to do with my foot health or any other for that matter! She's almost 18!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:31:39

Does it really matter?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 17-Apr-13 16:35:16

Yes.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:36:04

No ..I think you are just being a bit aggressive about something that doesnt really matter.

crashdoll Wed 17-Apr-13 16:43:44

You can see a chiropodist without seeing a doctor. I'd advise her to see a chirop.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 17-Apr-13 16:51:20

I'm not aggressive...just speaking out.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 19:08:32

She would. If she was free to phone the surgery at a time it was open. And if she knew any more than I did whether she needed to see a doctor first or a chiropodist straight away.

However, thank you for your contribution.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 19:10:32

She'll be delighted to hear that she will have to wear trainers only for the foreseeable future !

TheYoniWayisEssex Wed 17-Apr-13 19:48:55

I've had a corn on my little toe and it was very painful.

A chiropodist removed it and tbh it didn't occur to me to go to my gp first - chiropodists are the feet experts but they do charge for the service.

You have to avoid wearing the shoes that caused the corn in the first place because if you don't, the corn will come back.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 20:25:24

She'll never wear those boots again. They were fantastic- white patent with incredibly high platforms and stack heels. And two sizes too big. She loved them!

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 20:25:44

She'll never wear those boots again. They were fantastic- white patent with incredibly high platforms and stack heels. And two sizes too big. She loved them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: