Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma-aerochamber, can you buy them?

(8 Posts)
dribbleface Tue 16-Apr-13 21:20:32

DS1 has a new aerochamber, moved from one with mask to one without. Was given 1 but he has 3 asthma bags, one at school, one at childminders and one at home.

Didn't want to ask for 3, so can you buy them?

Thanks

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:23:17

Yes you can but they are expensive - just ask our doctor for a repeat prescription.

Sirzy Tue 16-Apr-13 21:25:13

Ask for 3.

DS has 3 volumatic spacers and two aerochamber spacers each with an inahler with it so we can always get to it

dribbleface Tue 16-Apr-13 21:26:49

Wasn't sure if it was cheeky to get 3. Will pop a note in.

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:28:19

IMO not cheeky at all - just explain that you have to LEAVE a set with school and childminder.

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:29:43

Lol just re-read my previous post. As I'm sure OUR doctor outs be happy to supply I think it's probably better you approach YOUR doctor! Oh the joys of iPads and predictive texts !!!!

dribbleface Tue 16-Apr-13 21:49:06

grin

Mumtoprem Tue 16-Apr-13 21:53:40

We have 4 aerochambers (1 for home, 2 for school - medical room and classroom and 1 for after-school club run separate from school). Dr had no problem writing prescription for them. They cost about £10 each off prescription as I did ask in Boots once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now