Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Single vaccinations

(6 Posts)
Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:16:06

Hi - I'm hoping someone here an help.

My son has had single vaccs - he is now 8 years old. However he didn't have his mumps booster -let down by clinic nod poarently the single is no longer available?

Is this correct?

narmada Tue 16-Apr-13 21:17:49

Yes, is true. Sorry!

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:20:03

Oh! He's had the first mumps jab. Is he considered safe I wonder?

PJM18 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:20:35

Hi. I've been looking into the single vaccines and apparently the mumps is not available in the uk just now. I'm not sure but think mumps might be more of a problem in young adults so maybe it will become available or he could have mmr when he's older. Has your son just had the measles one. My two are 4 and 6 and I've been wondering about side effects. Did your son have any?

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:20:40

I'd really prefer he didn't have the mar NOW purely as he's covered for most of it anyways.

Paxroda Tue 16-Apr-13 21:21:45

No side effects at all tho I did per dose with carpool at the time. As I say, he's 8 now so that was quite a while ago now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now