Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Need advice. My 9 mo has diarrhoea.

(6 Posts)
tobytoes Tue 16-Apr-13 15:23:15

Just a bit of advice please. Both my husband and daughter have diarrhoea. My husbands diarrhoea has gone and now he feels like he's got the flu so hes in bed. My daughter on the other hand still has diarrhoea,( it looks like mucus and it smells,sorry tmi i know) BUT shes bouncing around in her bouncer as I type this and is happy as larry. Im breastfeeding her still which I am still doing even with the diahorrea but do I give her her usual tea? She has an Ellas kitchen pouch and a yoghurt usually. She loves water so keeping her fluids up is easy. What do you think? Shall i not give the pouch and just give her something bland? She is absolutely fine otherwise. Thankyou for taking the time to read this,any advice much appreciated.x

MolotovCocktail Tue 16-Apr-13 15:59:03

I'd give her something bland - less ammunition, so to speak.

Please bear in mind also that diahorrea can last for quite a long time in babies and young children. As long as she's drinking, isn't running a fever and seems fine in herself, there's usually no need to worry.

Hope that you all get well soon smile

tobytoes Tue 16-Apr-13 18:32:42

Thanks molo just taken her to see doc as her nappies are now green fluid but he said its nothing to worry about.xx

MolotovCocktail Tue 16-Apr-13 21:03:11

Honestly, diahorrea is horrible in babies but if she's okay in herself the bugs will just work their way out of her system. Don't be afraid to take her straight back to the Dr if you're worried or if it hasn't improved by Friday.

Also, watch her nappy area for nappy rash: diahorrea often wreaks havoc with their delicate skin. I like to use Metanium or Bepanthen for healing nappy rash.

tobytoes Wed 17-Apr-13 18:41:13

Funny you've said that..nice red bum today. She was also sick last night,threw up her tea and her breakfast thismorning but she had some lunch which she kept diwn and her usual tea,so far so good. The diahorrea seems to be thickening up a bit aswell,lovely hehe. Thanks for the advice.x

MolotovCocktail Thu 18-Apr-13 09:44:56

You're more than welcome smile Really hope she gets well soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now