Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vaccinating 6 month old against measles

(2 Posts)
MyDarlingClementine Mon 15-Apr-13 13:54:32

I am going away soon, my baby will turn 6 months just before we go away. apparently mmr is licensed from 6 months.

I don't have a problem with the mmr per see, however can i get a single vac now or anti bodies? whatever they are.

the mmr probably wont kick in anyway as we would be going away shortly after it, i don't even know if a nurse would do it - and she has also only just had her other jabs....

its such a worry, if i was staying at home I wouldn't be worrying but going to airports, on a plane etc..the couple i am going with are the - ih don't be silly we have washed our hands ( ten hours ago) before touching new born etc....( both work at airport)

lljkk Mon 15-Apr-13 19:19:27

I have a weird feeling that one reason not to give MMR to under 1s is because immunity doesn't take, to do with the maternal immunity still being in baby. You need to ask your Doc surgery, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now