Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone deal with legs, bones and muscles?

(2 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 14-Apr-13 23:18:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 15-Apr-13 14:18:11

I've passed this on to all my 4dc!

It basically means the thigh bones turn/rotate inwards causing the knees to knock together. Depends on severity as to what's done about it. In my 2 dd's case I was told they could have an operation to break the legs, pin and re-set them. This was not something we wanted to do. We now pay privately for prescription orthotic insoles which fit into their shoes. They are raised by specific degrees for their individual problems. They make the feet, ankles, knees and hips all align correctly. We have fantastic results with ours! The calf wasting and tight tendons are because of the way your dd will walk due to the twisting/rotating of her bones.
You can get insoles on the NHS but for me, in my experience, they are far inferior to private ones. I'm sure others are perfectly happy with their NHS ones but sadly, we've not been that lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now