Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Digeorge Syndrome and Truncus Arteriosus - please help my lovely friend!!

(2 Posts)
MrsHelenBee Sat 13-Apr-13 22:33:52

Hi,

I'm putting this big ask out for support I can pass on to my friend. She is the warmest and gentlest of people, and was thrilled when she found out she was pregnant with her first child last year. She is now 23wks and found out yesterday that her baby has Digeorge Syndrome and Truncus Arteriosus. I'm sure she and her partner have been given lots of facts, figures and information-and I'm sure that's absolutely vital in trying to understand a little better what may lay ahead-but I've had huge reassurance, encouragement and support from other mums on here in the past for health problems with my own child, and I think being able to offer her a lifeline by means of other parents going through this is massively needed right now.
So, I'm desperately hoping someone out there will see this and be able to support her as, at the end of the day, I'm quite sure speaking to other parents about their experiences is going to be a massive help to her. She's totally overwhelmed and understandably very scared at the prospect of having a seriously ill baby, and frightened of what might lay ahead.
Please can anyone shed any light on this syndrome and or the CHD which accompanies it?

cestlavielife Sat 13-Apr-13 23:12:23

Tell her to call max appeal she will get lots of support
www.maxappeal.org.uk/contact/phone_us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now