Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

who can i turn to now?

(6 Posts)
vicfaz Thu 11-Apr-13 21:45:09

i posted this a couple of weeks ago
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childrens_health/1718114-worried-about-my-daughters-health
the wet nappies returned and bowels ok
but after 4 weeks from it starting my dd is still being sick and is still suffering with high temps!
I've been back to gp on Monday but they just keep telling me it's prob viral and she will start to get better but not sure when :/
I feel as if none of our gp's are listening to me or the hospital when she was admitted twice in the 1st 2 weeks.
I really don't know what to do or who to turn to now but I need to do something as my dd is starting to look dreadful and worn out with it all tbh so am I
we not sleeping prop due to her waking in the night to be sick and what ever she eats she keeps down during the day but brings back up during the night.
i'm rambling now sad any ideas of who to go to for help would be most helpful!

CreatureRetorts Thu 11-Apr-13 21:47:06

The link to your thread didn't work. How old is she? What's her diet like?

Shakey1500 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:48:08

I'd go back to the hospital and insist they do some tests. Four weeks is a long time. Arm yourself with a notebook and pen and write down everything that's said, when and by whom. Hope she perks up soon thanks

chocolatecakeystuff Thu 11-Apr-13 21:57:16

If she's just poorly during the night.... could it just be she's getting too hot?
Or possibly being irritated by something she's drinking? I know dd went through ahase after a bug where orange squash made her sick.

vicfaz Thu 11-Apr-13 22:08:59

this the original post:
my 2yr old daughter started with vomiting and a high temp last Saturday (anywhere between 38.2 up to 43.5) it resulted in 2 febrile convulsions (she's had these before) on the Monday so she was taken to hospital but seemed to pull round after being there for a couple of hours and bigger doses of calpol and ibuprofen. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday she seemed fine but then on Friday she went down hill rapidly so our GP sent her back to the hospital. she was being sick with every bit of fluids she drank and temp was starting to rise again but I still had to fight for the doc's to keep her in the hospital as they didn't seem overly worried but I was! she stayed in all weekend and was put on anti sickness for 24 hrs. which really helped and she is still managing food and fluid now but my main concern is that in all this time (10days) she has had 1 bowel movement and VERY reduced urinating but the hospital said it should just sort it self out.....so I suppose my question is am I being overly worried about my daughter (my gut keeps telling me there is something wrong) or shall I wait it out like the hospital doc said and if so how long do I wait? there diagnosis was a viral stomach bug.

chocolatecakeystuff,
she's under the weather during the day but worse on a night
we had the heating turned off for 4 wks and she sleeps in nappy and vest so I know her temp is due to her being unwell as we are all freezing sad

Shakey1500,
if I go back to the hospital we have to go back through a & e again and that's a trauma in itself!!
do you think I could demand blood tests at the gp?

vicfaz Thu 11-Apr-13 22:50:16

i'll try the gp again in the morning and try push for some tests to be done.
i'm close to breaking point as it's heartbreaking watching my little girl go through this
sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now