Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Smelly vagina - 4 year old

(5 Posts)
wrenster Thu 11-Apr-13 21:43:27

My DD has had a smelly vagina for a while now but no discharge. She has a bath every other day, wipes well after wees and I don't use perfumed products to wash her.

She also now has a cluster of small spots on her bottom cheek, one looks almost fluid filled but she doesn't seem concerned by them.

She doesn't complain about being itchy or have any other symptoms and I don't want to put her through a visit to the docs if this is quite common.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

IdreamofFairies Thu 11-Apr-13 21:50:25

i would personally take her to the doctor just in case. its not going to do any harm to get her checked out. and peace of mind for you

OneTrickYoni Thu 11-Apr-13 21:57:03

This might help you understand what is going on, you really need to take her to a doctor just in case.

lastnightidreamt Thu 11-Apr-13 22:02:40

DD (3) often has a smelly vagina, but she suffers from urinary tract infections quite regularly.

I would definitely take her to the GP to have that ruled out (it doesn't involve any horrible examination, just a wee sample and feel of her tummy IME)

wrenster Sat 13-Apr-13 15:18:42

Thanks so much for the responses, especially that article, it was v helpful. It will be a trip to the docs next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now