Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Slapped Cheek - does it always spread to other parts of the body?

(6 Posts)
mummatotwo Thu 11-Apr-13 08:08:35

Thought DD age 8 had a cold - sore throat and very, very tired this week with temp and upset stomach but lingering on too long. Then last night cheeks were bright red and again she was asleep for 6.45pm as she has been for the last 4 nights.

Friend said thought her DD may have had it last week (my DD was in contact with her DD last week) but they didnt get it diagnosed so Im thnking that she does have it.

This morning cheeks arent that red and nothing else on body

what do you think?

Madamecastafiore Thu 11-Apr-13 08:09:29

Not sure but just wanted to point out that its important that you tell anyone who is pregnant who you have been in contact with.

aftermay Thu 11-Apr-13 08:14:54

If it is slapped cheek, by the time the rash develops, it is usually no longer infectious. April and May are peak months in the UK for this. See some more on Patient.co.uk. I hope she's better soon.

mummatotwo Thu 11-Apr-13 08:20:24

yes not been in contact with anyone pregnant

just wondering if it is this as it hasnt spread

mummatotwo Thu 11-Apr-13 08:22:16

ah just read it can sometimes spread to other areas and the rash can come and go - so does sound like she has it

tazmo Thu 11-Apr-13 21:57:17

It was well clear with my son tho I thought he had an allergic reaction. He started with rash all over then his face had bright red rash which was lacy in appearance. Otherwise he was well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now