Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

S&*t. The Stroller Just Tipped Over.

(10 Posts)
MyShoofly Thu 11-Apr-13 00:09:10

I picked my toddler up out of the stroller not thinking and the groceries tipped the stroller backwards with 9 week old still strapped inot baby car seat (he would have been facing forward, falling toward the ground).

He seems okay - he is alert, his hands and legs are kicking away, his pupils are equal, he doesn't appear to be having breathing difficulties or be out of sorts. He just ate - no problem.

Should I take him in for a check up or do you think its probably fine? Its afterhours here....we would have to wait at the hospital for hours to be seen.

I'm not going to lie, I cried all the way home to the bewilderment of my toddler.

sad

thornrose Thu 11-Apr-13 00:11:33

When did it happen?

NorthernLurker Thu 11-Apr-13 00:11:56

If he was strapped in then he won't have impacted on anything will he? I'm sure he'll be fine. don't overlaod your handles again - have you got a basket underneath?

MyShoofly Thu 11-Apr-13 00:13:54

It just happened 30 min ago....I wasn't sure what to do so I drove the 10 min home and have been starring at him since.

It was absolutly a dumb-ass thing to do - I had the groceries on my mommy hook.

MyShoofly Thu 11-Apr-13 00:15:40

He was strapped in, I was just thinking that his neck would have still jarred forward.

thornrose Thu 11-Apr-13 00:19:09

It really is your call. If you have concerns and need to set your mind to rest then I'm afraid you might have to face A&E.
At the moment he sounds fine though, so maybe just keep a close eye over the next few hours?

MyShoofly Thu 11-Apr-13 00:48:49

Thanks for the quick replys. My husband is home and of course thinks of course its no big deal. Baby seems totally normal - is currently giving me forgiving gummy smiles so I think we will monitor and google any other signs or symptoms we should be aware of.

NorthernLurker Thu 11-Apr-13 10:38:50

How is he this morning? If he's feeding ok and behaving normally I'm sure he'll be fine. Babies are tough. If he seems irritable or off in anyway though I would let the GP take a look.

tazmo Thu 11-Apr-13 21:53:30

Hi my ds 1 leaned on dd3's quinny zapp pram and she fell forward strapped in. She cried. Took her to dr but he was not concerned as she was strapped in. She was 6 days old and said they don't expect it so r relaxed - in fact, he was a bit like - why u worried? If baby is acting fine, shd be fine. If u r worried, go to drs tho you'll know if things r not right t

MyShoofly Fri 12-Apr-13 04:33:15

Thanks again - Our little one is his delightful self I am relieved to say. I will be using the basket under our double stroller no matter how difficult in the future.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now