Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5YO peeing every 10-15 minutes

(4 Posts)
maxillo Wed 10-Apr-13 15:15:18

My son is 5 and for the past few weeks has had this thing with weeing every 10-15 minutes. He's fine in himself, no pain but legs it to the toilet all the time. No bed wetting but he does get up in the night to go. He drinks normally, no excessive thirst but has always been a guzzler (two brothers are the same). Anyone had this with their LO's?

beautifulgirls Wed 10-Apr-13 15:36:48

I think you need a GP appointment to get him checked out. He may have an infection - they aren't all painful, plus also to rule out diabetes.

maxillo Wed 10-Apr-13 17:04:24

I'm going to try again with GP tomorrow (like trying to get an appointment with Ghandi)...Thanks BG. My mum suggested 'urge incontinence' but I'm not convinced - it's like a habit, he's not doing big wees, sometimes just a drop.

cocolepew Wed 10-Apr-13 17:20:20

Sounds like an infection, he needs anti bs quickly if it is. Like beautifulgirls said it doesn't always hurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now