Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

how long without peeing - 3 year old?

(7 Posts)
tazmo Wed 10-Apr-13 15:03:19

Hi posted the other day re chicken pox. thankfully DD2 had a better night and had a full nights sleep. Seems a bit better though still has a few infected spots (Dr gave her penicillin but shes refusing to take it - even when trying to mask the taste in milk).

The issue is she went on the potty last night about 8 pm. It is now nearly 3 pm in the afternoon the next day and she still hasn't peed. She's had 2 glasses of water, a glass of milk and an innocent smoothie. How long do you think I should leave her before contacting the Dr again? Anyone else's kids gone this long without peeing? Her temp was 39.5oC this morning but I managed to bring it down with Calpol. She has literally fallen asleep playing her innotab.

beautifulgirls Wed 10-Apr-13 15:37:47

I'd call now to be honest. If you call much later they won't see you today and it does sound a bit concerning despite what she has drunk.

georgedawes Wed 10-Apr-13 15:45:22

I'd call,now too.

BeaWheesht Wed 10-Apr-13 18:26:41

How is she now?

tazmo Thu 11-Apr-13 22:02:55

Called dr and she said run a bath and see if,she peed in bath. If she went longer than 24 hrs to go to hospital to get catheter fitted. Dr reckoned she was holding it in due to sore c pox down below. I ran the bath about 5 pm (nearly 21 hrs since she peed) and she peed on the bathroom floor lol. Must have been the sound of the running water! She is getting there but chicken pox has not been easy for her compared to my other 2 children!

AwkwardAnnie Thu 11-Apr-13 22:18:45

Glad to hear she's wee'd. My DD has amazing bladder control, but she's also had a few UTI's probably as a result of holding it in. At 3 we used to have to insist she tried to go to the loo. Often I'd get her to sit on the loo then run the taps and it would often work, to her surprise. hmm

AngryAndLost Tue 23-Apr-13 00:47:45

My 2-year old have the same thing: CP and witholding pee. Only did it 2 times all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now