Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Small lump in DS groin area

(9 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Wed 10-Apr-13 08:36:16

Just noticed when changing 2yo DS nappy, a small pea sized lump just below his right hip. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? He doesn't seem at all bothered by it.

FannyPriceless Wed 10-Apr-13 08:53:15

DD had a similar lump on her upper leg but a bit closer to the groin. It was eventually found to be infection of the lymph nodes and she had two operations to have them removed. Hers ended up the size of a large olive but only because the first hospital put us on a non urgent list so she took ages to be seen.

I would suggest when you see your GP, request an appointment with a hospital which has a good paediatric surgical unit, so you get progressed to the correct people if needed, or diagnosed properly earlier so that surgery isn't needed at all.

It may be nothing at all of course! Good luck.

FannyPriceless Wed 10-Apr-13 09:02:47

Also, I didn't mean to scare you with the mention of surgery. Please be assured that even in a case like ours when things progressed too long before being diagnosed, DD is absolutely fine. She thought the operations were a rather exciting adventure and now wants to be a doctor. smile It's me who aged 10 years!

rubyrubyruby Wed 10-Apr-13 09:04:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

phantomhairpuller Wed 10-Apr-13 10:03:26

Thanks for the replies. Have just consulted Dr Google confused could it be a swollen gland? DS had a virus last week. Have phoned GP but typically "only emergency appointments left for today" angry bloody place!

pinkhousesarebest Wed 10-Apr-13 12:53:39

My ds when he was little had a row of pea like lumps like this in his groin. He had very bad eczema, especially behind his knees and it caused the glands to swell up. Does your ds have an infection/cut? It could just be that.

phantomhairpuller Wed 10-Apr-13 13:02:29

He suffers with eczema (generally worse when he's got a cold/virus) his eczema is bad at the moment so I'm wondering if it might be linked. Thanks pink smile

BlueChampagne Thu 11-Apr-13 13:21:13

Could it be a hernia? Does it come and go? If so, take a picture of it to show the gp.

phantomhairpuller Thu 11-Apr-13 13:48:45

DH suggested hernia. It's disappeared now but will take a pic next time it appears. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: