Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sorry, more grommets advice pls, clear watery discharge. Normal?

(8 Posts)
upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Sun 07-Apr-13 07:42:03

Posted about 10 days ago re my 2 yo ds who had just had grommets fitted, was concerned about one ear but this seems to be ok now.

This morning he has been slightly agitated with one ear but more disconcerted than in pain iyswim. On closer inspection it looks like water dripping from the ear and I think he's feeling the liquid which obviously feels a bit odd. After everything he is very suspicious if you try and get too close or have a look so its not easy!! He has got quite a bad cold so I'm wondering if the grommet is draining the stuff it should and I should be pleased or if I need to get it checked again...many thanks.

HDEE Sun 07-Apr-13 07:52:57

It sounds like the grommet is doing its job to me. If its still happening tomorrow I might see if could get an appt at the GP to check it, but I don't think I'd be overly worried.

upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Sun 07-Apr-13 14:28:32

Thanks HDEE.

Has now turned orangey/yellow? Impossible to tell if slightly blood stained. Dr now or still tmw? I've been out all morning so I'm not sure when this started.

HDEE Sun 07-Apr-13 14:43:00

how is he in himself? If he is fine I'd wait, but I will say I am particularly lax about going to the dr. Unless my children are at deaths door I tend to wait things out.

DeskPlanner Mon 08-Apr-13 08:47:53

Did you get to the doctors ? How is she today ?

DeskPlanner Mon 08-Apr-13 08:48:17

Sorry, he.

upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Mon 08-Apr-13 14:27:32

Thanks for asking DeskPlanner. Kind of you.
I called 111 for advice and was sent to ooh, as it turns out he has got an infection and the ear is full of pus. Bit gutted as thought the grommet would have stopped this but on the plus side he hasn't been feverish and is happy enough so it's not as bad as pre-grommet infections.

DeskPlanner Mon 08-Apr-13 15:36:57

Arr, bless poor little thing. Hope he gets better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now