Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Gaviscon blocking bottle!

(4 Posts)
Nicole2781 Sun 07-Apr-13 01:12:12

Hi folks,

Ds was prescribed gaviscon for reflux 2 sachets in his 8oz bottle but this is making the milk thicker and it's not coming out the teat and ds is very irate understandably!

What can I do? Can I add an extra ounce of boiled water to thin it out? Please help sad

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sun 07-Apr-13 01:28:09

DON'T add extra water! That will mean that the nutritional benefit of the milk is not adequate.

Use a teat with a faster flow rate - if using a slow flow teat, go to a medium flow. If using a medium flow teat, go to a fast flow.

If you are already using fast flow teats, speak to your GP. There IS another way of giving infant Gaviscon, people who are breastfeeding have to make it up with cooled, boiled water and give it to their DC's from a syringe. But speak to your GP first and explain the issues you are having.

HTH.

TheTiger Sun 07-Apr-13 01:32:29

I came in to give the exact same advice as couthy.

Nicole2781 Sun 07-Apr-13 01:34:32

Thank you couthy! I really thought I should add an extra ounce so glad you've told me that!

Yes, I have faster flow teets, don't know why I didn't think of that?!!!

Thanks again I'm sure it will help smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: