Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Having a late night panic about ds!

(7 Posts)
SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Fri 05-Apr-13 01:00:53

I'm in a right old flap and everyone I know is asleep.

Ds1 has ongoing minor health issues, mostly dietary related. He had blood tests 2 weeks ago re kidney and liver function after some previous tests came back a bit out of the ordinary. The paediatrician is away until Monday so we won't get the results for about another week.

In the meantime, ds1 had sugar in his urine in November. I'd taken him to be checked as he was waking at night for drinks suddenly. He had a fasting blood test done then and it was clear for diabetes. It was explained away as 'one of those things'.

In the last two weeks we have noticed tiredness, tummy ache and nausea on and off throughout the day, waking in the night for drinks again and asking for extras in the day, which is totally unheard of. He looks ill and he's looking skinny, but lots of this can also be explained away by his digestive issues. I've suddenly panicked that maybe he does now have diabetes and I will take him to the gp in the morning. I hope i'm just being melodramatic, but it's like i've suddenly joined up all the dots again and now have a sick feeling in my stomach and can't sleep. Not sure what you can say really, other than stop rambling and go to sleep, but needed to tell someone.

RunningAgain Fri 05-Apr-13 01:05:03

Phone Gp tomorrow, but there's nothing you can do now, so get some sleep. Hope he's ok.

RunningAgain Fri 05-Apr-13 01:06:30

Sorry that sounded really short, it wasn't meant to though. Hope you manage to get some sleep soon.

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Fri 05-Apr-13 01:08:32

Thanks. It's been a long few months and just needed to say it 'out loud', in a manner of speaking.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 05-Apr-13 01:08:59

I'd write yourself a note with key points to talk to the gp about then try for some sleep knowing that you've made some headway in tackling things.

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Fri 05-Apr-13 01:16:34

That's a great idea, thank you. I'm good at making lists.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 05-Apr-13 01:20:20

Lists are great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now