Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yo eye swollen, sore and gunky...

(7 Posts)
mama2moo Thu 04-Apr-13 21:24:19

She has had conjunctivitis and a doctor yesterday confirmed she is most likely allergic to the drops. She couldnt open her eyes, wanted the room dark and didnt eat much yesterday. She cried for most of the day (saw the doctor late afternoon)

Today they are still swollen, sore and gunky but not as bad. Is it likely that this is still the reaction to the drops. I last put them in yesterday at 9am. Just after that they got worse.

How long should I leave it before taking her back? Can it take a few days for an allergic reaction to wear off?? I am cleaning them with boiled water and giving her calpol.

Thanks.

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 04-Apr-13 22:14:59

Did your GP say anything about going back? Eyes are really sensitive; I know if I get an eyelash stuck or something it doesn't feel right for a few days. If it isn't getting worse or better then maybe take her back after the weekend; if it gets worse then ASAP.

You could try adding salt to the boiled water to clear up the conjunctivitis too.

mama2moo Fri 05-Apr-13 20:23:07

Thanks. They seem a little better today. She still says they are sore. If they are the same tomorrow I will take her to the Boots walk in clinic.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 05-Apr-13 20:27:12

Do had an allergic reaction to chlorophenicol a couple of months ago and it took about a week for the swelling to go, they have him different drops after the reaction though.

mama2moo Fri 05-Apr-13 20:32:56

Thank you. She had chlorophenicol drops for her conjuntivitis. I need to make a note of that so that I never use them again.

Just out of interest, is you lo allergic to anything else??

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 05-Apr-13 20:43:25

It was dp that had a reaction phone changed it, not that we're aware of, he's had no end of problems as his eyes are really sensitive since laser eye surgery and seem to attract dust/bits of metal so he's always getting irritated eyes. Can't remember what the drops were they gave him after.

mama2moo Fri 05-Apr-13 20:46:49

Ah, ok. Thanks. Maybe I will take her to the pharmacy in the morning and see what else they can give her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now