Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ashton and Parsons Powders

(6 Posts)
gwenniebee Wed 27-Mar-13 14:01:18

I bought some of these in November (2012) from my local chemist - but have only really started using them in the last week as my dd had horrible tummy upset cutting her second tooth. They've been fabulous so I went to get some more... only to discover apparently there's been a problem with the supply for ages! Reading a bit more online I'm actually amazed that I managed to get any in November.

Does anyone have any further information about their stock? On the A & P website it says they're back in manufacture, but I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Also, is there anything I could use that would settle dd's tum in the same way? I use calgel etc on her, but it's the tummy upset that these were great for.

jenniferturkington Wed 27-Mar-13 20:36:33

They are apparently back in production after a factory fire meant production stopped for a while. However, I haven't seen any in chemists near me yet! According to someone I know, there are some around though so I keep checking the shelves. They are going for £££ on eBay!

patricksmum Wed 27-Mar-13 21:22:05

Check behind the counter for ashtons as sadly they are also popular with drug users so chemists keep them out of sight.

MrsMcJnr Wed 27-Mar-13 22:17:52

Nelsons are worth a try too

cookielove Wed 27-Mar-13 22:23:28

here is there website it links to where it is sold hopefully somewhere near you

gwenniebee Wed 27-Mar-13 22:28:20

Thanks, and thanks for the website link. I've asked behind the counter in all the chemists I've checked in and they're just saying the same thing, factory fire/out of production for some licensing reason (story seems confused!). I will just keep checking and hoping they come back soon! We found some for £50 on ebay confused.
MrsMcJnr, I'll try the Nelsons - are they good for the tummy too, do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now