Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

anyone know anything about special gloves for eczema

(7 Posts)
eatyourveg Tue 26-Mar-13 19:12:00

I read somewhere that you can get special gloves with moisturiser in for eczema. Anyone know what they are like ie are they like surgical gloves and where might I get hold of some? ds3 (14.5) has bleeding knuckles despite wearing normal gloves when outside and the constant diprobasing is getting him down

PoppyWearer Tue 26-Mar-13 19:19:26

Can I lurk? My DD's hands are so cracked and sore...

ihatethecold Tue 26-Mar-13 19:26:25

I'm interested also.

Metellaestinhortobibit Tue 26-Mar-13 19:46:15

I think I saw them on This Morning...sorry not very helpful

Metellaestinhortobibit Tue 26-Mar-13 19:50:22

Quick google produced this...
http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/gelucious-moisturising-mittens-gloves-turquoise-hand-treatment-jessica-nails-uk.php
Hth

eatyourveg Wed 27-Mar-13 12:08:48

noticed on an eczema website that vinyl gloves are common - avoid latex it says - apparently you can put diprobase on the inside. Just got a pack of reusable ones from town and a ton of oilatum shower gel as well as another big tub of diprobase. £10 for the diprobase £9 for the shower gel - should have gone via gp and got them on prescription

will get ds to give them a try and report back

thanks for the link but I'm not sure I could sell the idea of turquioise or pink gloves to ds

NorthernLurker Wed 27-Mar-13 12:12:06

My dd has been prescribed skinnies for helping with her psoriasis. May be something there that would help? you can get it on prescription - so free - for your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now