Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bloody cough from hell...

(8 Posts)
Badvoc Sat 23-Mar-13 10:30:40

So.
Ds2 )4) has had a cough on and off since before Xmas.
Was really bad up to Xmas (he was coughing so much he was vomiting and had high temps) and he ended up having a chest x ray which was clear.
Forward to now and he is coughing again with temps. he was taken to a and e early hours tues morning with croup.
He had a dose of oral steroid and seemed better.
Then weds had high temps again which calpol etc was not bringing down.
Took him to gp who gave him amoxyycillin as his ears were very red and swollen?
I thought he was getting better but then this morning he has a temp again and is coughing badly...struggling to eat etc. he seems tired too.
What with the weather I am very wary of taking him out to ooh gp....but he is just not getting better.
Wwyd? Do I just wait it out...finish Abs then take him back?
Am so bloody sick of this....

Teachercreature Sat 23-Mar-13 13:04:52

Think you need a doctor's advice as he does sound really unwell. Try phoning NHS direct: http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

They may advise you can ask a GP to make a home visit just to check all is ok, given your little one is clearly very unwell and it's freezing!

Hope he feels better soon.

Badvoc Tue 26-Mar-13 08:03:40

Hi.
I took him back to a and e on the advice of NHS direct and he was swabbed for whooping cough!
Sigh.
Chest x day was clear so that's good.
He is still coughing, and looking very pale but seems a bit better than he was on Saturday.
Thank you x

Teachercreature Tue 26-Mar-13 11:13:32

Oh poor little mite! Very sorry to hear that but glad they have at least worked out what's happening. Really hope he recovers soon - it's so hard to watch your little ones being ill! x

badweekend Tue 26-Mar-13 12:05:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Badvoc Tue 26-Mar-13 12:15:21

Thank you x

MERLYPUSS Wed 27-Mar-13 11:14:36

Take him back to GP. We had to buy a humidifyer for DT1 and he is on an asthma puffer if he gets a cold. The humidifyer worked a bit ( may've been psycholgical along with vicks on feet to him) and worth £30 for him to sleep. Try a damp towel on his radiator to see if it helps.
I think the central heating was making him worse.

Badvoc Wed 27-Mar-13 11:24:05

Yes we have a humidifier too.
He wasnt too bad last night but has been coughing a lot this morning.
I will see how he is tomorrow morning.
He is happy in himself...playing on the wii etc.
Ds1 has started coughing again too!
Am so sick of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now