Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

still itching after nits treatment

(6 Posts)
sidebysides Fri 22-Mar-13 10:27:07

We've all had lice - I think I had it for a couple of weeks - and treated it once but it hasn't gone. This week my DD started itching and we treated all of us again (having found them on me, DH and her).

But that was three days ago. I combed the next day again but today I am still really itchy.

We used Hedrin.

Could it be that I've still got them? That I'm resistent to Hedrin? Or do the bites/marks itch?

Driving me f**king crazy

Xroads Fri 22-Mar-13 10:32:37

Keep combing conditioner though all of the family's hair for 7 days and that should get rid.

Maybe you are having a reaction to the hedrin and that's why it still itches?

ilovepowerhoop Sat 23-Mar-13 18:47:42

are you finding anything when you comb with conditioner? You are supposed to treat and then repeat the treatment 1 week later to kill any new lice that hatched from eggs that werent affected by the treatment.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 23-Mar-13 18:49:01

p.s. if you arent finding any more lice but are still itching then you could try taking and anti-histamine in case it is a reaction to the bites

mrsyattering Sat 23-Mar-13 20:09:55

My dd has had nits this week, we all have used the nitty gritty comb, so much more affective than any other comb, it even gets out the eggs. Can't recommend it highly enough. Hope you are all nit free soon.smile

headlicebuster Wed 27-Mar-13 11:15:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now