Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Itchy vagina - not worms

(9 Posts)
HerRoyalVagisty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:22:24

DD has just come downstairs, wiggling about saying her"front bum" is really itchy and she can't sleep. This is the third time this week she's been going mad with itch. I've had a good look, even got the torch out tonight and Im confident it's not worms. Any clues as to what could be the problem? Or what can ease the itching? It looks a bit red down there but no sign of thrush.

orangepudding Tue 22-Jan-13 22:24:07

Thrush can sometimes look red, doesn't always have the white discharge. Take her to her gp for a swab.

SueDunome Tue 22-Jan-13 22:26:28

I would give her a worming tablet anyway, if you have one. It won't do her any harm and if there are worms, atleast she won't have another bad night tomorrow.

PacificDogwood Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:23

Thrush <<places bet>>

How old is she?

HerRoyalVagisty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:28:34

She's 7. Will get the Ovex out just in case.

wilkos Tue 22-Jan-13 22:29:45

DD (5) has this every so often, GP prescribed a mild version of Canesten and it seems to work by the morning or she has forgotten about it by then

PacificDogwood Tue 22-Jan-13 22:35:33

Yy to Canesten cream - you can buy it over the counter in 1%.

HerRoyalVagisty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:41:42

Thanks thanks Will have a chat with the GP tomorrow. Nothing worse than an itchy fanjo.

MrsShrek3 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:49:59

also maybe worth a check if you've bought any new undies or tights for this cold weather - if my dd gets to them before I've washed them she itches. similarly we can't change washing powder/detergent. Is she past the stage of erm exploring up there? my just-7yo still has the odd poke around blush which causes soreness and/or itching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now