Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Health anxiety and dd with tummy bug - help and advice please

(4 Posts)
BeaWheesht Thu 17-Jan-13 21:04:02

I have health anxiety dd (2) has a tummy bug - help calm me down please.

Been sick at 7 and 9 very very sudden onset obviously having vvvvvvvv cramps pains too hmm

Have given her a sip or two of water - she was very spacey but is shattered as would usually be sleeping.

Am worried its something serious as it came on so suddenly and also she's in so much pain. hmm Also worried its noro . Am not particularly experienced in tummy bugs - ds has had one in 6 years - so far.

Dh being useless as per. Worried sick re ds catching it and me catching it as I'm recovering from UTI (on anti b) and very bad spasms in pelvis.

Please just talk me down? But be nice she's squirming in obvious pain. hmmhmmhmm

housesalehelp Thu 17-Jan-13 22:39:38

have you rang NHS direct - it sounds worth talking to them - and do you have resources to manage your anxiety - eg don't worry about what might happen etc

BeaWheesht Thu 17-Jan-13 23:58:06

Hi thanks for replying

Yes getting help re anxiety wish I could stop 'what if' thoughts!

Dd has been writhing in pain and really inconsolable so rang NHS who want to see her. She's been sick after each sip of juice - NHS said don't give her anymore until no vomiting for an hour but she's dry retching ever 10 min and crying for a drink????

Dh in huff with me about it all too which is a big help!

Anyways am much calmer and more tired now it's just been a tough couple of weeks .

corblimeymadam Fri 18-Jan-13 21:28:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now