Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Injured toenail - what shoes?

(3 Posts)
roundabout1 Sun 13-Jan-13 10:54:35

My dd 7 bent her big toenail back & it is a bit of a mess, bloody but clean. It obviously will take a while to heal & in the meantime has a dressing on it. School tomorrow though & she has no shoes she can fit on, I wil try & see if I can find her sandals from the summer but after having a ruthless clean out before Christmas fear they went to the charity shop. Any ideas what she can wear that will avoid pressing on the toe. We live in the sticks so shopping for bigger shoes isn't an easy solution. She has big snowboots but they are tight to get her foot into although lots of room at the toe & led to many tears trying them on.

amazingmumof6 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:39:19

I'd say wellies, hope school understands....

crocs?

I'd give her painkillers before school

roundabout1 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:09:19

Thanks for the reply. We had to go with wellies due to the snow & managed to find some shoes she could wear indoors. School have been ok so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now