Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

When would you go back to the doctors?

(10 Posts)
Pancakeflipper Mon 31-Dec-12 20:17:06

Glad they think it's the tail end and not getting worse. Hope you get some sleep.

Catsu Mon 31-Dec-12 19:57:43

Saw the dr. He said her chest is still crackly but as she doesn't have a temp and is drinking well he thinks she is on the tail end of the infection.
Said up to me if I wanted steroids to open her airways depending on how bad she is at night.
I decided to wait a couple of days to see if she picks up before going for steroids though. Feel better that the dr has heard her rattling but is happy she is ok anyway. Fingers crossed she will be better in a few days :-)

Catsu Mon 31-Dec-12 14:43:18

Thank you :-) I will update later

Pancakeflipper Mon 31-Dec-12 14:27:11

If you get chance will you update? Hope DD gets seen to and is fine and you get some sleep soon!

Catsu Mon 31-Dec-12 14:24:34

Thanks. I wasn't sure but I've now just phoned and got on the list for a call from the duty doctor so will hopefully get seen today

tulip27 Mon 31-Dec-12 14:19:38

sorry dd not ds.

tulip27 Mon 31-Dec-12 14:19:04

Catsu- I am a triage nurse in a GP surgery (on my lunch break) and I would want to see your ds today. Please call your GP. Most surgeries are operating a book on day system today so should be an appointment up for grabs.

Pancakeflipper Mon 31-Dec-12 14:13:47

I would go back if the rattle is not clearing and if her sleep is bad. They may say wait but I think for your peace of mind you need to get her checked out again.

drinkyourmilk Mon 31-Dec-12 14:12:39

Take her to get checked out. No doctor will mind checking out a child, and it will give you peace of mind. She may additional steroids

Catsu Mon 31-Dec-12 14:09:38

Dd is 16 months, she is prone to chest infections after a bout of bronchiolitis as a baby.
She started on antibiotics for a chest infection before Christmas. Over Christmas she got worse and I took her back to the docs last Thursday which was the last day of her course of antibiotics.
Was told the chest infection still there and she was given another course of different antibiotics.
She improved a bit over the first couple of days but now on day 5 of the 7 day course she is still rattling quite audibly when breathing and coughing quite a bit.
She's not worse but is not better either. Is still sleeping very badly due to coughing waking her up.
Shall I wait till this course of antibiotics is finished and take her back wed if no improvement or take her today to get checked before the bank hol tomorrow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now