Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Earache question? DS 19 months

(4 Posts)
flippyfloppy Thu 20-Dec-12 08:50:56

DS, 18 months, was treated for earache with antibiotics last Friday. He screamed solidly for 12 hours at the time, was walking with ear clamped to shoulder and had temp. Antibiotics finished Wednesday he is fine in himself, eating , sleeping but keeps wincing and grabbing ear and intermittently putting ear on shoulder so still in some pain I imagine. Just wondered if this is to be expected and because he has improved so much it should continue to clear up or is another trip to docs in order? Tia! X

Skiffen Thu 20-Dec-12 09:00:10

I'd go back and get it checked. Dd1 had a few episodes like this where she needed a second course of antibiotics.

BeaWheesht Thu 20-Dec-12 09:23:26

Ds had this at about the same age and needed more antibiotics

flippyfloppy Thu 20-Dec-12 19:28:28

Thanks for messages I've had him seen by GP who said eardrum red, so he will be in pain but not sure if start of new infection or end of old one and to treat with calpol/nurofen and if gets worse in 1-2 days take him back! So we'll see what happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now