Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

wee soldier hasn't eaten for a week

(5 Posts)
ali13121 Wed 19-Dec-12 17:19:50

my wee jack is 3, he's been poorly with a viral infection for the last week and hasn't had anything to eat over that time, how worried should i be?

Sirzy Wed 19-Dec-12 17:23:56

I wouldn't be to worried as long as he is drinking. Just keep offering him small amounts of things you know he likes

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Wed 19-Dec-12 17:42:58

Could u make lollies out of fruit juice or puréed mango and banana or something? X

narmada Wed 19-Dec-12 21:42:25

I think it depends to some extent on how he is apart from the not eating. If he is otherwise fairly chipper, sleeping ok, , I wouldn't be rushing him to the GP but if he seems off in other ways I would pop him along just to make sure there is no ear infection ( presuming its a cold-type thing ). If it is vomiting or diarrhea virus at 7+ days I would ask doctor's advice.

This winter is yuck, lots around or so it seems to me. Hope he is better soon.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 19-Dec-12 22:12:09

Agree with the others, offer him things to tempt him and make sure he's hydrated. How is he? Is he getting better?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: