Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on legs and bottom

(6 Posts)
LeonardoAcropolis Mon 17-Dec-12 21:29:29

Hello, Ds1 (4) has developed a rash only on his legs and bottom. Yesterday he felt warm and has been complaining of an ear ache. The rash is pink, slightly raised but not blistery and very slightly itchy. Not changed washing powder or fabric conditioner. Could it be a viral rash?

judefawley Mon 17-Dec-12 21:35:09

Could it be HSP? It's an auto immune response to a virus.

My son had it recently. Purpural legs & bottom rash is a sign.

I would get the GP to check him out as if it is HSP, his kidney function needs to be monitored.

LeonardoAcropolis Mon 17-Dec-12 21:43:56

I don't think so, his rash looks nothing like the pics i have seen on Google, plus he has no abdominal pain. Was you son's rash flat? I hope he is ok now.

judefawley Mon 17-Dec-12 21:48:16

He is fine, thanks. But it was misdiagnosed by gp, and only picked up by my paed friend by which time I'd convinced myself he had leukaemia.

The rash was very, very slightly raised and got worse, he also had knee and ankle pain.

Yours is probably 'just one of those things', hope he gets better soon.

LeonardoAcropolis Mon 17-Dec-12 21:51:08

Oh no Jude, how worrying for you. I will see how he is in the morning.

LeonardoAcropolis Tue 18-Dec-12 12:57:10

Hello again, this morning the rash had reduced slightly, and is only on his bottom and the tops of his inner thighs. It hasn't been itching him. Can I assume it was a viral rash? He seems fit as a fiddle today!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: