Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Probably paranoia - 9m very pale poo?

(6 Posts)
VikingLady Mon 17-Dec-12 14:57:28

I know this is almost certainly a case of PFB paranoia, but at 9m should a bf baby's poo be yellowy? As far as I can see other babies of a similar age are producing browner, more "poo-like" nappies, but DD's haven't changed much since I started weaning her. There are bits of what she has been eating in there, and she does eat a comparable amount to the other babies - at least 3 meals per day. Her poos are not firm yet, either.

I can't ask a doctor again. I am becoming well known for my paranoia.....

Please help me sleep at night!

MrsJourns Mon 17-Dec-12 15:54:06

Do you exclude any major food groups from her diet?
Do you have any other general concerns about Her health?
Is there any family history of food intolerences?

VikingLady Mon 17-Dec-12 21:03:12

No family history of food intolerances as far as I know, and I don't intentionally exclude any major food groups. She would happily live off bread and bananas with the odd raisin, but I do try and get other food into her.

Thank you for the reply!

MrsJourns Mon 17-Dec-12 21:30:28

Pale poo can be a sign of problems in the digestive system HOWEVER this would also have other symptoms (eg poor weight gain, paleness, swollen tummy, irritability.)
If she is showing no other signs don't worry, and if she is still being bf that could account for softer poos.
I would recommend checking her weight every 4-6 weeks if you are anxious as if she is gaining weight at a steady pace it will give you reassurance.

VikingLady Tue 18-Dec-12 15:56:46

She is gaining fine and still on the 50th percentile, where she has been all along. Thank you for the information - I'll keep an eye on it.

SavoirFaire Fri 04-Jan-13 22:39:21

Google toddler poo. Bits of food in poo is very common in small children. Certainly was still happen when my DS was past 2. <Grim emoticon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now